Solaris is a Toronto-based, mid-market investment banking boutique, assisting its clients principally with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and capital raises. Solaris is dedicated to providing independent, professional advice to maximize value for companies, management groups, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Our firm is seeking an individual with experience in finance, accounting, research or related areas.
- transaction support, including financial modeling; preparation and analysis of public company trading multiples and M&A transaction multiples; and company and industry research
- assisting with special ad-hoc projects
- assisting with preparation of presentations
- strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Word and Power Point
- experience with research resources, ideally including Capital IQ
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong understanding of financial statements
- superior analytical skills
- ability to perform under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- capacity to work independently and a keen willingness to learn
- an undergraduate university degree in business, economics or accounting
- ideally, a CA designation or in the process of completing a CFA, CBV or CF designation
- a minimum of one year work experience in corporate finance, accounting or related research
As an analyst, you will have the opportunity to gain first hand experience in investment banking. You will also experience exceptional learning by working closely with a variety of mid-market businesses as they strive to meet their strategic and financing goals.
Submit your resume in confidence to Blair Roblin at firstname.lastname@example.org for an opportunity to join the Solaris team. Please include “Analyst Position” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.