CBV Institute course exams are written offsite in the Student’s location of choice (e.g. the Student’s home or office) using remote, live online proctoring provided by Examity. Exams will be recorded and may be retrieved and analyzed by CBV Institute, solely for the purpose of ensuring the integrity of the exams.
Students are solely responsible for ensuring that the computer they will be using to write their course exam meets the following hardware requirements (absolutely no exceptions will be made):
- Desktop computer or laptop. Tablets, Chromebooks, and cell phones do not meet Examity’s requirements. If a candidate who is using a laptop would like to also use an external monitor, the candidate’s laptop must be closed at all times, and the candidate must also have an external webcam
- Webcam, speakers and microphone (built-in or external), so that the online proctor can monitor you on video and communicate with you
- Connection to a network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload (to test your internet speed, please use the test at this link: http://www.speedtest.net)
- Operating systems: Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS 10.8 or newer
- Internet browser (Google Chrome v39 or newer, Mozilla Firefox v34 or newer, Internet Explorer v8 or newer, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari v6 or newer) with the pop-up blocker disabled for the duration of the MQE
- Students will be required to run the Zoom or GoToMeeting app in the background as they write their exam, as this enables interaction with the proctor
- Microsoft Excel (or a program that can open and export .xlsx files) (MQE candidates will also require Microsoft Word or a program that can open and export .docx files).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader