Grant Thornton LLP
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Manager, Transactions your responsibilities will include:
- Directing the preparation of valuations of assets and business interests for a wide range of purposes, such as: mergers and acquisitions, litigation support, taxation, public offerings, fairness opinions, management buy-outs, financial reporting, forensics and shareholder disputes
- Leading and developing a team of professionals supporting clients with all aspects of the purchase and sale of a business including leading the preparation of industry research, marketing documents, target purchaser analysis and all other facets of the mergers & acquisition process
- Leading the preparation of financial models and financing proposal documentation for the purpose of sourcing and obtaining market driven senior and subordinated debt arrangements
- Providing transaction advisory and due diligence services to clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, management buy-ins etc.
- Lead various business development initiatives (internal and external) including presenting pitches, proposals and new client prospects as well as attendance at various business development events. Continue to grow an established practice
- Collaborate with the Partners for maintaining the operational excellence of the transactions practice through best practice billing, collections, scheduling and engagement management
- Ensuring the transactions practice maintains compliance/due diligence standards with established operational procedures
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Transactions? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Completion of a university degree and Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
- Chartered Business Valuator “CBV” designation
- 2 to 3 years post designation transaction or equivalent experience; 6 to 8 years technical transaction work experience
- Business development acumen and professional confidence growing an established practice
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience leading, coaching and developing an eager team
- Skilled at generating creative solutions to abstract or undefined problems
- Solid organizational skills with the experience multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- An exceptional experience for the client approach to work
- Strong online research database skills
- Well-developed analytical and program-solving skills
- Confident and team focused, relationship-builder, interacts well with leaders, peers and clients
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; robust experience working with and developing complex financial models; proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Please apply directly through the link here:
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.