Are you ready to continue your professional development and pursue the next exciting phase of your career? Are you looking to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their field? If so, this could be the opportunity for you….
Our Valuation Services team has all the right properties to convert challenge into opportunity!
Deloitte, one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, provides Audit, Tax, Consulting, and Financial Advisory Services through more than 7,700 people in 57 offices. Deloitte is the Canadian Member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
Take a closer look and discover the truth about Deloitte – how we think, how we’re different. You’ll quickly see why we’re the only professional services firm on all three national Best Employers lists! Check it out for yourself…Watch in-depth coverage of our events and hear from industry leaders on You Tube or Take the 140-character challenge with us on twitter
Your career is important to you and it is important to us too. If you believe you’d fit with our culture of collaboration and excellence, we’d like to know more about you!
About the role
- Lead a diverse team of talented financial advisors
- Cultivate relationships with clients and possess a strong knowledge in leveraging prevalent methodologies
- Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability
- Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor
- Contribute to practice growth and development
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
- Coach and mentor practitioners to their highest potential
About You- The Ideal Candidate
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Must have a CA or MBA or other accounting designation
- Must have, or be in progress of a second designation
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong external consulting or advisory experience
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Canadian travel required, occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
About the Team- Deloitte Valuations Services
Deloitte’s valuation specialists provide complete and objective valuation services for both public and private companies. We specialize in the identification and valuation of intangible assets. We offer specific experience with goodwill impairment and purchase price allocations across a broad range of industries, including: financial and professional services, technology, media and communications, manufacturing, natural resources, distribution and retail, healthcare, hospitality, and waste management.
Our qualified, experienced professionals are part of a worldwide network with deep experience in a wide range of valuation issues. They can be engaged to:
- Determine purchase price allocation and goodwill impairment.
- Provide fairness opinions and formal valuations (OSC Rule 61-501).
- Identify and value intangible assets, such as intellectual property, customer relationships, technology, trademarks/names, etc.
- Provide valuations of assets and business interest for taxation purposes.
- Provide extensive financial and operational research.
- Research transactions of comparable businesses or properties.
- Perform cost segregation studies for income tax and financial statement reporting purposes.