Smythe LLP is seeking an experienced and well-rounded manager, to join our Valuations group. As a member of the team, you will work directly with clients and the partners to deliver advisory services. In this role you will act as a trusted business advisor, working with clients to solve problems and help them achieve their business goals.
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global, and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.
We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, hospitality, technology and resource industries.
Our practice has grown significantly in the last year and we expect this growth to continue. The ideal candidate will take a leadership role within our team, which is currently comprised of four CBVs and two students. As a member of the Advisory Group, you will work directly with clients, managers and partners to deliver exceptional service primarily in the area of litigation support.
- Prepare expert reports for dispute and litigation purposes, including family law, shareholder disputes, loss of opportunity claims and expropriation matters
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of all forms of valuation reports
- Ensure the Firm maintains a high level of technical capability
- Cultivate relationships with lawyers and other referral sources
- Provide support to the Smythe Advisory Group
- Coach and mentor CBV students.
- CBV designation
- Minimum 5 years of relevant valuations and litigation support experience
- Qualified as expert witness in the Supreme Court of British Columbia or equivalent
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver all valuation related services
- Ability to build strong and meaningful connections with colleagues and clients based on trust and respect
- A desire to learn and adapt in a challenging environment.
THE SMYTHE ADVANTAGE
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people. Providing exposure to a diverse range of business clients is integral to our continued success. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner, but also in business development and community support. Our culture is highly supportive and embraces diversity.
To apply for this position, please send your application to Caoimhe Bourke, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org with “Valuations Manager” as the subject line.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.