BDO Canada LLP
BDO Canada LLP is Canada’s sixth largest accounting and advisory firm, has 95 offices and over 1200 advisors nationwide. Within our Western Canada Region, our Financial Advisory Services practice (FAS) located at our Edmonton office is currently seeking a Manager or Senior Financial Analyst for its Business Valuations Practice to join their growing team immediately.
Summary of Position
The Valuations Manager or Senior Financial Analyst will play an active role in managing and carrying out business valuation mandates. This would include valuations prepared in the context of general business valuation, litigation support and financial reporting.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Play an active role in carrying out business valuation mandates including managing the information flow;
- Take part in discussions and meetings with the management of the companies involved;
- With the team’s support research and analyze company and industry-specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with a view to determining the cash flow risks of the companies involved;
- With the team’s support, oversee the modeling used for the valuation;
- With the team’s support, oversee the writing of detailed valuation reports;
- Develop relationships with BDO’s current and prospective clients; and
- Participate in external marketing events with other members of the FAS team.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A professional accounting designation;
- A student in the CBV program or willing to enroll as a CBV student for the session commencing November 2011;
- Strong leadership and team skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Exceptional writing skills; and
- Excellent excel skills.
Our role in the FAS group is to provide Business Valuation, Litigation Support and Damage Quantification services to internal and external clients. Our valuation services primarily include rendering of conclusions on the value of businesses and quantification of damages.
Edmonton is situated in the central region of Alberta and is well known for its scenic river valley. With world class festivals being held year round Edmonton is known as the Festival City and is also home to North America’s largest mall. Edmonton has so much to offer, outstanding educational facilities, quality housing that is affordable, four great seasons and a wide variety of activities are available year round. It would be difficult to find a better place to live, work and play.
To learn more about this and other exciting employment opportunities visit www.bdo.ca/careers.
If you are interested in exploring an exciting career opportunity with BDO, please reference the above job title and location in the subject line of your email and forward your cover letter and resume to:
BDO Canada LLP
Human Resources Department: