Duff & Phelps
Senior Associate, Disputes and Investigations – 18000375
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Disputes and Investigations provides industry and technical insights to win disputes related to contractual, fiduciary or related obligations and prepares expert analysis to help clients understand, prevent and manage fraud.
As a leading global financial advisory and investment banking firm, Duff & Phelps leverages analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to help clients make sound decisions. In our Toronto office, we have over 30 professionals in the Disputes & Investigations practice. We currently have openings for senior associates to join our rapidly expanding forensic investigations practice.
Duties may include the following:
- Work as a team member investigating instances of fraud, corruption and other financial impropriety;
- Analyze financial records to document fraudulent transactions and prepare expert witness reports;
- Work closely with forensic technology experts in obtaining and analyzing evidence relevant to issues being investigated;
- Prepare for and conduct investigative interviews;
- Prepare Court ready written reports;
- Work closely with Managing Directors and Directors in a rapidly growing practice area.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in forensic accounting, fraud investigation, audit, or related field;
- CPA-CA – audit background;
- Enrolled in or willing to enroll in University of Toronto DIFA program;
- Strong financial, analytical and investigative skills;
- Experience with managing, organizing and reviewing large amounts of data;
- Experience with forensic and investigative accounting matters – both in and out of the context of litigation;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs