Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc.
With a presence in more than 140 countries Ernst & Young’s people are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in providing audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory Services practice is currently looking for an Associate, M&A to join our team in Montréal.
Ernst & Young Orenda Corporate Finance Inc., a specialty practice within Ernst & Young’s Transaction Advisory Services, is the dominant mid-market investment bank in Canada. The practice is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, privatization, and valuations and has been advising clients on all aspects of strategic transactions and capital sourcing activities for more than 30 years. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world.
Responsibilities – We are looking for someone who can:
- Develop and review complex financial models within broadly defined guidelines
- Synthesize research information to be used in financial modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications
- Lead the preparation of documents for, and presentations to, clients and potential capital providers
- Take responsibility to lead certain key engagement tasks
- Assist with project management of client engagements
- Perform the initial review of the work junior staff members and assist with their development
Qualifications of this position are as follows:
- Undergraduate degree in business or accounting plus CA, CFA or CBV (either in progress or complete)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, with 2 years experience in financial analysis (M&A, Private Equity, or Investment Banking)
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting
- Strong computer, analytical and financial modeling skills
- Bilingual with strong French and English oral and writing skills
- Ability to perform in a challenging work environment
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, energetic attitude and a team player
- Understanding of key business drivers and business strategy
Ernst & Young is committed to diversity and equity.
Please apply online at www.ey.com/CA/en/Careers, Job ID#MON000FG