The Strategic Development at Teekay is a globally integrated team that provides a range of services to the most senior levels of the company: research, industry intelligence, corporate planning, capital investment analyses, and corporate transaction analyses. We also manage certain corporate assets from time to time.
In this role, you will be part of a think tank that works closely with Senior Management and the Board of Directors. You will be responsible for creating and using financial models to analyze investments, acquisition targets, new businesses, and provide strategic input into Teekay’s corporate business plans.
This is a great opportunity to hone your analytical mind while making a meaningful impact on the future of a large international company that is a leader in its industry.
- You are detail oriented and have a talent for predicting the future! By managing Teekay’s long term financial forecasts, you will assist Senior Management in assessing what lays ahead, identifying challenges and opportunities and ensuring our business stays on track.
- You will act as a financial advisor to our Business units by performing various financial analyses such as business valuations, analysis of long-term charter proposals and vessel sale and purchase decisions. In short, you will provide strategic input based on detailed financial analysis.
- You will help execute the deal! You will be involved with performing due diligence on potential acquisition opportunities, and participating in negotiation strategies.
- Being part of the decision making team, you will work closely with our Senior Management. You will prepare materials for quarterly Board meetings, provide input for presentations to Senior Management and help in developing presentations for various external parties and stakeholders such as commercial banks, rating agencies, and investors.
- You bring sound quantitative skills, strategic thinking and business judgment along with humility, a good sense of humour and the ability to think innovatively and creatively. You are a team player who wants to make a difference.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skill and Abilities):
- Professional qualifications: CA or CGA with an interest to pursue (or already pursuing) a CFA or CBV.
- A strong grasp of financial reporting rules and standards is needed in order to bridge current financials to forecasted financials.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills are required along with a working knowledge of valuation theory and techniques.
- Must be a problem solver and have a keen eye for detail.
- High proficiency with Excel. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
- Business curiosity, the ability to identify strategic issues and think outside the box.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to communicate complex financial concepts in an understandable manner to non-financial personnel.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- A team leader with customer focus.
- Willing to travel for projects.
- Proven strengths in corporate finance, economics, and business development.
- Shipping industry experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.