- Responsible for evaluating and executing mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other strategic-initiative activities for the enterprise.
- Responsible for ensuring that RBC undertakes appropriate analysis and evaluation of mergers & acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures for business units. Must quickly understand strategic alignment, key business unit metrics, business assumptions and business unit fundamentals in order to critically evaluate opportunities.
- Leads the detailed financial analysis of possible strategic transactions, and works extensively with senior executives to incorporate strategic goals into such transactions.
- Coordinates the due diligence effort and works closely with other Global Functions units to optimize shareholder value and minimize risk for each transaction.
- Prepares and presents critical analysis and recommended actions for senior management including Group Executive in respect of potential M&A transactions.
- Negotiates transaction agreements with third parties, in conjunction with the business unit and M&A Law
- Sources and analyzes possible acquisition and partnership opportunities for RBC’s platforms and business units and manages relationships with investment bankers and other consultants.
- The incumbent should have deep experience in mergers & acquisitions activities, preferably at a senior level within a mergers & acquisitions group of a large financial institution or first-tier investment bank or accounting or consulting firm.
- He/she should preferably have a comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of financial services and products, and strategic development experience. A global perspective is helpful, preferably as a result of international work experience.
- The incumbent must be capable of working independently under tight deadlines but also collaboratively with a range of senior executives within the Bank and pro-actively manage and motivate junior staff and cross-enterprise teams to undertake multi-faceted M&A activities.
- He/she must be able to negotiate agreements with sophisticated third parties, often under high stress conditions and with constrained resources.
- Must have a proven business acumen and strong analytic, interpersonal and presentation skills, and must be able to deal effectively with senior executives, both internally and externally and from different cultures around the globe.
- Graduate or post-graduate or professional designations including graduate degrees in economics and/or finance.
- MBA,CA, CFA, CBV